PROTON T-4 HARD DRIVE DEGAUSSER
The NSA listed T-4 utilizes patented “Reverse Polarity” technology to produce a bi-directional field of at least 20,000 Gauss positive and 20,000 Gauss negative per cycle. This proprietary technology creates the highest flux field of any degausser available and ensures permanent erasure of the highest coercivity media available today. It is also projected to handle future media technology for years to come. Other degaussers may have either a positive or negative pulse, but not both; this technology is unique to the T-4. There is also no drawer to open and close, which reduces operator handling and increases efficiency.
Proton T-4 Degaussing Machine Benefits
- Approved to erase all magnetic media available today.
- Listed on the National Security Agency’s Evaluated Products List (NSA EPL-Degausser) and complies with DoD requirements for destroying classified information on magnetic media.
- Internal software requires all parameters (capacitor voltage, switch, etc.) are present before degaussing. This software guarantees that each degauss cycle delivers sufficient strength and consistent performance.
- Patented “Reverse Polarity” Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) technology.
- Fully automatic operation: no drawer to open and close, simply insert media into top slot and push start button.
- Lightweight and portable design enables table top or floor operation.
- CESG Approved (UK) and CE Approved (EU).
- Manufactured in the USA in ISO 9001 certified facilities.
- Utilizes advanced, patent-pending EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse) technology
- Ensures that current and future higher coercivity media sanitization requirements will be met
- Approved for degaussing of classified hard drive media up to 5,000 Oe (longitudinal and perpendicular) and tape media up to 3,000 Oe
- Automatic on/off operation, simply insert media into chamber and push start button
- Lightweight and perfect for tabletop or floor operation
- Made in the USA
Hard Drive Degausser Benefits
- Permanent destruction of confidential and classified data.
- Compliance with recognized standards and regulations, including FACTA, HIPAA, GLB, DPA, etc.
- Sanitizes both Longitudinal and Perpendicular recorded media and is projected to reliably degauss future media with increased coercivities and higher Oersteds (Oe).
- Stores energy from previous cycles to reduce subsequent cycle times and save energy.
- Simple to use and fits easily into existing operations.
- 12 Volt Battery Operation
- Extended Warranty
- Mobility Cart
- Deployment Case with wheels – Custom rugged design allows the T-4 to operate while still in case and be easily transported when necessary.
|Name||Proton T-4 Degausser|
|Power||Dual Voltage – Automatically converts between 110V and 220V; 60/50 Hz; single phase|
|Media Size||Accommodates all magnetic media within 1″ x 6″ x 4.3″ (2.5 x 15 x 11 cm)|
|Erasure Cycle Time||Less than 1 minute|
|Cycle Time||45 – 60 seconds|
|Altitude||Operate at altitude up to 25,000 feet (7,620 meters)|
|Field Strength||20,000 Gauss positive (+2 Telsa) and 20,000 Gauss negative (-2 Tesla)|
|Dimensions||19″ H x 10″ W x 26″ D (48cm x 25cm x 66 cm)|
|Weight||128 lbs / 58 kg|
The Proton T-4 offers the most effective data sanitization on the market. This Degausser removes data from all magnetic devices, including Laptop, Desktop and Network Hard Drives, LTO and DLT Tapes, and is listed in the National Security Agency’s Evaluated Products List (NSA EPL-Degausser). Simply drop your magnetic media into the slot, push the button and the degaussing process will begin. In under one minute, the Proton T-4 eliminates all traces of your confidential and classified information. With automatic on/off operation, the Proton T-4 Degausser un-aligns magnetic fields within the media material, ensuring that prior data retrieval is impossible. The Proton T-4 produces a bi-directional field, known as “Reverse Polarity,” which provides a 20,000 Gauss positive field and a 20,000 Gauss negative field. The Proton T-4 Degausser offers powerful degaussing features for hard drives up to 5,000 Oe and tapes up to 2800 Oe. These specifications are the maximum media coercivities available and the maximum coercivity available for NSA test purposes. With that said, the Proton T-4 will not be outdated anytime soon. This lightweight Degausser takes up little space and is perfect for tabletop or floor use. The Proton T-4 requires minimal training and is extremely user friendly. You can have confidence that the Proton T-4 will guarantee that the data on your high security hard drives and tapes will be unusable.