MagWiper Standard MW-15000X Degausser
Outline of MagWiper MW-15000X Degausser
The MagWiper MW-15000X Degausser uses magnetism to erase/destroy data, so it works with all magnetic-recording media, including hard disks, tapes and floppy disks. Instantly erases data regardless of OS, storage capacity, interface (IDE, SCSI) and also sanitizes damaged hard disks.
The world’s first 10,000+ Oe high-power degausser with a quick 17-second charge. The compact body incorporates the latest magnetic tape erasure technology employing diagonal magnetization to improve the efficiency of data erasure relative to the magnetic field by 50%! Provides secure data erasure from hitherto difficult-to-sanitize perpendicular magnetic-recording hard disks as well as conventional horizontal-recording hard disks.
[Diagonal magnetization system] * An industry first
This enables efficient erasure of magnetic data from hard-to-erase perpendicular magnetic-recording HDDs. The system has 50% greater erasing capacity than conventional methods. The term “diagonal magnetization system” refers to the use of diagonal magnetization across the platter surface that contains the magnetic material. Perpendicular magnetic recording is now frequently used in large-capacity HDDs. Advanced Design is the first company in the world to use the diagonal magnetization system in degaussers. (Patented in the US and Japan)
Very effective in preventing data leaks. Total data erasure is achieved in an instant regardless of storage capacity, enabling rapid sanitization of a large number of hard drives.
The MagWiper MW-15000X Degausser is capable of erasing data from six 2.5-inch HDDs simultaneously, so you can rapidly erase large amounts of data.
Simultaneous processing capacity of MW-15000X
|Type of HDD||Simultaneous erasing capacity|
Features of MagWiper MW-15000X Degausser
- Feature 1:17-second quick charge, the fastest in the industry!
- The first 10,000+ Oe high-power degausser with a quick 17-second charge! Faster charging means better efficiency! You can erase data from more media in the same amount of time.
- Feature 2:World’s first degausser using a diagonal magnetization system! (patented in the US, Japan)
- This product incorporates the diagonal magnetization system, the most effective for erasing data from perpendicular magnetic-recording HDDs, improving erasing efficiency by roughly 50% over conventional methods. (Erasing capacity equivalent to 1200 KA/m.)
- Feature 3:Magnetic force checking function * An industry first
- The monitor displays the strength of the magnetic field after it is generated. The ability to check the strength of the magnetic field each time improves the reliability of the erasing operation.
- Feature 4:Can also use to erase magnetic data stored on tape
- Erases cartridge tapes, including LTO/DAT/DLT/CMT/9940/3592/VHS, as well as floppy disks and other magnetic-recording media in one speedy operation. *
- Feature 5:Results of MFM (magnetic force microscope) measurement
- 2.5-inch hard disk HTS545050B9A300 model (made by HGST)
Degaussing management system (option)
Simple way to turn erasure record (log) into a database.
Improves erasing efficiency and helps prevent human error during operations.
Provides a simple way for anyone to store the erasure log as a database by using a barcode reader to scan product information on the hard disk surface. Then simply place the media in the MagWiper degausser and press the erase button. The barcode reader automatically captures the hard disk part number (P/N) and serial number (S/N), eliminating the risk of transcription errors that can occur with manual inputting.
Incorporates an erasure log management function.
Provides an easy way to search, check and print out details of erasure operations.
By registering user information in advance, you can view the logs of operations performed by the relevant user. Select any log from the list to check that no operational steps have been missed or to perform additional registrations. You can also get a CSV-format readout or list of detailed information about the erasure record.
* Some previously shipped models do not support all options. Please contact us for details.
MagWiper MW-15000X Degausser Product Specs
|Product name||MagWiper Standard|
|Erasable media||Hard disks, LTO, DDS/DAT, DLT, CMT, 9940, 3592, AIT, FD, others
* Please contact us regarding magnetic media that are not listed
|Hard disk recording formats supported||Perpendicular magnetic recording, longitudinal magnetic recording|
|Charging time||17 seconds|
|Data erasing time||0.1 seconds|
|Magnetic field generated||800 kA/m (approximately 10,000 Oe)|
|Power requirements||AC100V 50/60Hz|
(maximum when charging)
|External dimensions||10.4 (W) × 8.7 (H) × 18.5 (D) inches|
|Erasable area/ chamber area||4.5 (W) x 2.8 (H) x 5.5 (D) / 4.5 (W) × 2.8 (H) × 5.7 (D) inches|
|Weight||22.9kg / 50.5lbs|
|Operating environment||5°–35°C (41°–95°F), humidity 20–80% (condensation-free environment)|
|Accessories||HDD rack, AC power cable, usage instructions, warranty|